Xmas Presents

Posted by cassandra , 12.07.2008 Sunday, December 07, 2008

I love buying things when it includes a free gift. Because lately I'm only buying for others, so the free gift is a way for me to get a little something for myself. It's also important to be able to sample the gift before I give it, if it's a company I've never dealt with before. I have gotten a few little freebies lately. If you suspect you're getting something from me for Christmas and you'd like to be surprised, don't read anything else.

I would def DEF recommend Ten Digit Creations on etsy. She makes fragrance items (lotion, spray, roll-ons, etc). The one I bought for myself is Be Delicious (a yummy green apple floral made by DKNY). It's probably not perfect but my nose can't tell the difference. I also bought a thick "body frosting" (just a thick cream) from a seller named Savvii. I'm not such a fan of the cream because I feel like it needs more fragrance. I smell the lotion base more than I smell the apple but maybe that's just me. I bought those two to sample before I decided to give gifts. I don't want to give the cream to anyone since it's so light. But it was a good buy and I'll def use the rest of it. I might give it for someone who liked a little bit lighter fragrance in their items.

So I bought Ten Digit's take on Heavenly (Victoria's Secret) for my sister (and got Island Fresh Gain[?!?]...yum!) for myself. I bought a "Buy 2, Get One" from a seller named Sassyfraz of "dry oil" perfume roll-ons. I got those two for my friend Rachel who likes fruity smells.

Then I went to good ole' CandleScience (where I bought all my beginner supplies) to restock on wicks. I looked on eBay but the only wicks they had were auctions and I don't have the patience for auctions anymore. So I bought wicks and got a free 1 oz (enough for a lb of wax) fragrance oil.

I also spent about $30 on fragrance oils at Scentimental Gifts, etc. I got a few for me and a few for others.

I went Xmas shopping yesterday and got my boyfriend's mom a few things. My sister is done, I think. Rachel is done. I need to get my mom something. I'm thinking jewelry. I'm going to make her a few candles.

And! I made my solid fragrances. I used beeswax, olive oil, shea butter and fragrance. They came out cute, I just need to get some paper and dec them out.

I'm going to make a bunch of candles. I'll probably need to reorder wax after I'm done. I ordered enough fragrance to make my sister's Saves the Day set but one of the glasses broke. So I'm at an impasse there. I might just make a set of 3. She wouldn't know.

0 Response to "Xmas Presents"