etsy. dexter.
Posted by cassandra , 11.29.2008 Saturday, November 29, 2008
I made my first purchase there today! I thought I would try a "type" fragrance (a proximal imitation). If it went well, I might order some gifts. I'm testing a few scents and if I like them I will present them to others.
Other than that. I haven't made ANY progress on my Dexter clock. I'm in need of some different red thread. Something like embroidery floss. Red and thick, but not yarn. I need to get my butt in gear. We're supposed to do 7 points. That means like 7 hours of crafting time. I've spent 2 hours or so on the clock already. I want to make a needle roll for her (she knits/crochets/whatever) that says "Tools of the Trade" and maybe do a bamboo tile bracelet that has a bunch of Deb quotes.
I got my tins from Specialty Bottle Co. Guess what? The Co is based out of Seattle so it only took a day or two to get my order. The tins are perfect. I'm brainstorming fragrance ideas.
I may have found a local supplier for fragrance oils and soy wax. That would be awesome: No outrageous shipping charges. I looked at Michael's and I'm going to say, straight out, their stuff looked like ghetto trash. The fragrance oils smelled bad. The wax was some no-name brand (I've been doing my homework on the "good" brands). I'd like to go check it out tomorrow or Monday before work.
---------------------------------------------------
And here's a little smidgen of life that has nothing to do with crafts but I still want to blog it out.
I gathered my Secret Santa items today. I'm not crafting anything for my partner since I know nothing about her. She's pregnant. And she wears red nail polish. That's all I'm working with. I also got a Shaker Gift for Greg's parents.
If you don't know, Shaker Gifts are the Shizz!! You wrap something up on December 1st. Then the recipient can shake it and try to guess what's in it. It's definitely fairplay to place misleading items like rocks or candies in the box with the gift to lead the others astray. If the person guesses it, they can open it. If they don't guess by Christmas, they can open it then. Greg's parents introduced me to it. It might be unique to their family, but I doubt it. Greg and I do Shaker Gifts and we also do it with his parents. Last year, I guessed BOTH my gifts in the first few days. Shhh. I got his parents dishtowels. They're Christmas themed. I'm throwing in some loose Tic-Tacs for diversion.
