Xmas Ideas SPOILERS (Specifically Ingrid/Rachel).
Posted by cassandra , 11.20.2008 Thursday, November 20, 2008
I was just brainstorming some ideas for my sister for Xmas and I thought I'd make a record in case I need to come back to it later.
I'm thinking I'm going to make her 4-5 candles in a set that are themed. The theme will be Saves the Day, one of her favorite bands. I was googling their lyrics and found a few songs I thought could translate into fragrances. I also thought I might create her one or two solid fragrances in some kind of cool little alternative looking tin that would echo these fragrances. I thought a good tag for outside of the box would be "Do You Know What I Love the Most?" as a nice little teaser.
So here's what I came up with so far:
- "Hollyhox, Forget Me Nots" (obvi a strong floral)
- "Monkey" (banana)
- "Morning in the Moonlight" (sandy beach smell + night blooming flower)
- "Rocks Tonic Juice Magic" (sounds like a fruity smell to me. the lyrics reference anger so maybe something angry and spicy like cinnamon or ... and it also references lemonade)
- "My Sweet Fracture" (fall: pumpkin, earthy, warm, caramel, something spicy again)
I haven't looked at all for any kind of tins but I am betting I could find some really cute ones. And I really liked the recipe I used for solid fragrance. I could make it look pretty professional, I think. She might not even know it was homemade until she tried to reorder some. Here are some tins that are cute. $.42 each. I can get the shea and beeswax for cheapz0rz.
I'm sure I could theme this stuff out to anyone I know. I know what sort of music my friends like and it would be a fun, sneaky way to surprise them with my skillz.
I'm still working on my Gob shirt for Greg. It's got Gob silhouetted on a Segway and the back will say "A trick is something a whore does for money...or candy!" I've got about half the stencil for the words cut out. . .I've been slacking. I've just been busy.
I don't know what else to make him. He wants some homemade stuff from me. I already know what I'm going to do for his storebought stuff.
